Sunday, March 28, 2010

You've Got a Great Personality!



Mate selection criteria: A trait desirability assessment study of sex differences in Serbia

Have you have heard the saying that if someone has a great personality than it’s code for they are interesting but not attractive? Well, I’m ready to talk about why that’s just not true, and what people really find the most attractive, and important in choosing a mate.


There are a multitude of traits that people take into consideration when choosing a mate. From watching movies, and looking at magazine advertisements you would think that the most important trait to most individuals would be physical attractiveness. A study by Bojan Todosijević, Snežana Ljubinković, and Aleksandra Arančić entitled Mate selection criteria: A trait desirability assessment study of sex differences in Serbia” shows that in a study of 127 individuals that physical attractiveness comes in at number 22 on a list of 60 different traits.


The study shows that the top ten traits that people look for in a mate are, in order from most importance; sincerity, faithfulness, tenderness, reliability, communicative, passion, carefulness, amusing, love for children, and self-confidence. None of these traits has anything to do with any sort of physical feature.


In this article it talks about how it is most popularly believed that men usually look for physical attractiveness in a woman while women look more for great personality characteristics and are not as interested in physical attractiveness. This also proves to be somewhat of a misconception. Women find strength and thinness as factors when deciding who they choose as a mate. These qualities can be attributed back to previous blog entries about the qualities that women looked for in the past that could reveal that the particular man was more capable of survival.


When it comes to negative traits it discusses which traits are the most negative and who tolerates these traits more readily. Some particular traits that men are able to tolerate better than women are the traits fearfulness, self-pity, and aggressiveness. Women might not be able to accept these qualities are readily as men can because these traits are not conventional masculine. The traits that are seen as the 10 least desirable are from less undesirable to more undesirable; shyness, overweight, introversion, spoilt brat, self-pity, aggressiveness, fearfulness, insecurity, selfishness, and conceitedness.


One of the most interesting bits of information that I found was the fact that in the past women were less involved in society in the area of the work force and in status than men. You would think that women would be able to choose mates with statuses lower than themselves since many women now have very high paying jobs and are capable of supporting not only themselves but others as well. Women are still shown to prefer higher status mates even when they are at a very high status themselves when it comes to income.


In the end what people are really looking for in a mate does have a lot to do with personality but it’s really a good balance between physical attractiveness, status, and specific personality traits. It is shown in this study that want people want to someone that they can grow with and having a satisfying relationship. The comparison that I like the best is that a relationship should be like peanut butter and jelly you can't have one with out the other.




2 comments:

  1. Caitlin,

    What a great ending! I haven't yet perused the EP site but I hope to soon.

    SO interesting - thanks!
    -Dr. Walker

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am bold enough among many others to state that there is now a potent cure to this sickness but many are unaware of it. I discovered that I was infected with the virus 3 months ago, after a medical check-up. My doctor told me and I was shocked, confused and felt like my world has crumbled. I was dying slowly due to the announcement of my medical practitioner but he assured me that I could leave a normal life if I took my medications (as there was no medically known cure to Herpes). I went from churches to churches but soon found that my case needed urgent attention as I was growing lean due to fear of dying anytime soon. In a bid to look for a lasting solution to my predicament, I sought for solutions from the herbal world. I went online and searched for every powerful trado-medical practitioner that I could severe, cos I heard that the African Herbs had a cure to the Herpes syndrome. It was after a little time searching the web that I came across one Dr Itua(A powerful African Herbal Doctor), who offered to help me at a monetary fee. I had to comply as this was my final bus-stop to receiving a perfect healing. My last resolve was to take my life by myself, should this plan fail. At last it worked out well. He gave me some steps to follow and I meticulously carried out all his instructions. Last month, to be precise, I went back to the hospital to conduct another test and to my amazement, the results showed that negative,Dr Itua Can As Well Cure The Following Desease…Cancer,Hiv,Herpes, Hepatitis B,Liver Inflammatory,Diabetis,Fribroid, Dercum,fibromyalgia,Get Your Ex Back,Als,SYPHILLIS,Genetic disease,Epilepsy, Parkinson's disease.Fibrodysplasia Ossificans Progressiva.You can free yourself of this Herpes virus by consulting this great African Herbal Doctor via this e-mail: drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com or call and whatsapp him on +2348149277967 He will help you and his herb medication is sure. he has the cure on all disease .You can talk to me on INSTAGRAM..tashamoore219....

    ReplyDelete