Sunday, April 18, 2010

It's not always about what you say, but what you do.


What you don't say can be a lot more important than what you actually verbalize. When people try to attract someone of the opposite sex sometimes the physical cues are what actually bring two people together to start a conversation. In an article by Nadine Hugill, Bernhard Fink, and Nick Neave entitled "The Role of Human Body Movements in Mate Selection", the importance of the way that we move in relation to Mate selection is discussed.

One part of this article discusses a topic that has been touched on previously and that is the topic of dance and how it correlates to sexual selection. As we know dance can be a window to how strong and how healthy a potential mate may be. I won't spend any time on this point since it has been previously discussed.

One of the experiments that was discussed in this article was using Point Light Displays where 10 to 12 points lights are placed on major joints in the body to show body movement without actually getting to see the body. For the overwhelming majority of the time men and women were able to differentiate between who was male and who was female from just the Point Light Displays. They were also able to differentiate age, weight, and even who they were if they knew the person well enough. This experiment tells us a lot about what people can discover about others just from the way they move. The way that someone walks can show what kind of emotional condition they are in as well as other personalities traits that the person might potentially hold. From pictures as well as videos that were shown to male participates showed that men overall preferred women with a higher hip to waist ratio because of the walking motion of the hips in contrast with the waist. Also in general the most tell difference between men and women it the hip to shoulder ratio. Men usually have wider shoulders while women have wider hips.

None verbal communication is very important to meeting a person for the first time. When you meet someone new you can't be sure of what their intentions are so it is important to look at what their body is saying and not necessarily what they are actually verbalizing. It has been reported that when a woman is trying to interest a man that there are certain techniques that have been found to be consistent. Women use certain postures, and usually use more eye contact, as well as walk differently. Men on a subconscious and conscious level find these behaviors attractive and are more likely to go and talk to that particular woman.

It is very interesting to read this article and think about how women go about trying to attract men though dancing and other visual cues when it most species it is the male that does all of the dancing and wooing. After reading over this information it made me think about how people always say that first impressions are really important to get a relationship started. Now I can see that first impression start far earlier than the first hello.

This video describes how much can be read from body language from neutral interest to very interested.

1 comment:

  1. I am bold enough among many others to state that there is now a potent cure to this sickness but many are unaware of it. I discovered that I was infected with the virus 3 months ago, after a medical check-up. My doctor told me and I was shocked, confused and felt like my world has crumbled. I was dying slowly due to the announcement of my medical practitioner but he assured me that I could leave a normal life if I took my medications (as there was no medically known cure to Herpes). I went from churches to churches but soon found that my case needed urgent attention as I was growing lean due to fear of dying anytime soon. In a bid to look for a lasting solution to my predicament, I sought for solutions from the herbal world. I went online and searched for every powerful trado-medical practitioner that I could severe, cos I heard that the African Herbs had a cure to the Herpes syndrome. It was after a little time searching the web that I came across one Dr Itua(A powerful African Herbal Doctor), who offered to help me at a monetary fee. I had to comply as this was my final bus-stop to receiving a perfect healing. My last resolve was to take my life by myself, should this plan fail. At last it worked out well. He gave me some steps to follow and I meticulously carried out all his instructions. Last month, to be precise, I went back to the hospital to conduct another test and to my amazement, the results showed that negative,Dr Itua Can As Well Cure The Following Desease…Cancer,Hiv,Herpes, Hepatitis B,Liver Inflammatory,Diabetis,Fribroid, Dercum,fibromyalgia,Get Your Ex Back,Als,SYPHILLIS,Genetic disease,Epilepsy, Parkinson's disease.Fibrodysplasia Ossificans Progressiva.You can free yourself of this Herpes virus by consulting this great African Herbal Doctor via this e-mail: drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com or call and whatsapp him on +2348149277967 He will help you and his herb medication is sure. he has the cure on all disease .You can talk to me on INSTAGRAM..tashamoore219....

    ReplyDelete